Wednesday, December 7, 2011

An introduction and a disclaimer

About ten years ago a psychologist friend of mine told me his formula for a good life.

FLP - fun, laughter, play = The Meaning of Life.

A few months later in another conversation with said psych, I reminded him of his formula and he had no idea what I was talking about. While it was slightly disconcerting to realise he makes it up as he goes along, it still stuck with me as a good plan, so I created this blog to expand on the subject.

Ten years later I am writing my first post.

My techiwhizzgenius partner-in-crime has informed me that as part of the plan for world domination I have to start writing. It's been on the 'to do' list for ages and I think one of the reasons I've been loathe to start is because I have no idea where to.

In a perfect world this blog would be divided into categories and subjects and each would have a name, but as my head is not divided into any of those things, and my art and life adventures are always closely tied to new discoveries about how I work, my slightly erratic kids and the constant struggle to balance creative genius with the practicalities of motherhood and day to day life, this is most likely not to happen.

I'll be writing about my art, I'll put photos up and if I remember to take photos of works in progress I'll put them up and write about them, too.

I'll be writing about my gallery and all the things we're doing to it and in it. I'll be writing about the process of getting from 'we could' to 'we did' and all the brick walls in between. I'll be writing about my new love affair with riding, how many hills I've climbed and how much I don't like climbing hills. And my kids will probably feature in here a bit, as well.

It's not going to be in chronological order or probably any other kind of order, for that matter, it will just be what it is. I might date some things. Maybe.

I'm sure that at some point this will exasperate said techwizzy boyfriend to the point that I'll have to do something about it, but for now, writing is enough :-)

1 comment:

Linfo said...

Looking good, nice simple eye-catching layout with a "there has to more to this than meets the eye" look about it.